This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC-4.1.x include/ssl/*.h ??
- From: Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip dot com dot au>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:06:29 +1100
- Subject: Re: GCC-4.1.x include/ssl/*.h ??
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com> <20060226232935.GL20902@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <440307DF.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <44034A90.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4403727E.email@example.com> <44037E50.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> This will be the final patch for GCC 4.1.0. I plan to work through the
> release checklist tonight. As always, the official announcement will
> follow after the release has had time to make it to the mirrors.
Just a word of warning about this patch for unsuspecting travellers. It
appears to be parallel make unfriendly. (GNU Make 3.80)
i.e. running the following command on a dual cpu system results in a
missing `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.0/include/ssp' directory and
no ssp headers.
make install -j3
No errors, no nothing. Weird.. It's 100% reproducible here.
Remove the -j3 and all is well. I suppose most folks never run `make
install' in parallel.. but sometimes it's convenient to just simply:
for big compile jobs.