Re: information request about generated trees during gcc process

Bruno GALLEGGIANTI - LLSP wrote:
I'm looking for tools that can generate AST (Abstract Syntax Tree) from C files.
I have found with gcc toolchain the option -dump-tree-original. The generated files are very interresting for me and I think they can be exploited for my project.

The dump files generated by gcc are intended only as debugging aids. They are not intended to be read by other programs. You may or may not be able to use them for this purpose.

There is no documentation for the format of the dump files themselves. The format may change whenever it is convenient for us to do so.

There is documentation for the structure of the trees that we use. See the gcc internals documentation, either in the source tree or on the web page. The format of the dump files follows from that.

You may also want to take a look at the papers published in the GCC conference. Some of them discuss the tree structures we use, particularly the tree-ssa papers. There are pointers to these conference proceedings in the wiki off of our web page.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com