This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[gnu.org #225214] apparent mistake in html attribute
- From: "John Sullivan via RT" <webmasters-comment at gnu dot org>
- To: "OtherRecipients of gnu.org Ticket #225214":;
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:22:37 -0500
- Subject: [gnu.org #225214] apparent mistake in html attribute
- Managed-by: RT 3.0.11 (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/)
- Reply-to: webmasters-comment at gnu dot org
- Rt-originator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rt-ticket: gnu.org #225214
Hello GCC Team,
I'm doing some housecleaning, and thought I should pass on this rather
old message to you that we received in the GNU Webmasters queue about
the sidebar on your web pages.
Can someone acknowledge this? Thanks!
GNU Chief Webmaster
> [email@example.com - Mon Mar 07 09:15:53 2005]:
> The sidebar menu on gcc.gnu.org and gcj.gnu.org has a width
> setting of 1% on many pages (at approx line 58). This is
> commonly overridden in most browsers but the W3.org amaya
> browser is strict in its interpretation...
> By either removing the width attribute altogether as in 5 lines
> previous, or setting it to 100% as in 5 lines later, the display
> of the menu becomes readable in amaya without affecting the
> other browsers which were already overridding the 1%.
> I suspect it was just a typo but it does make the menu unusable
> in Amaya. Please see if it can be repaired... and it does occur
> on many pages... john in niagara
> john russell firstname.lastname@example.org [those are L's as in LLAMA]