Re: Disabling pch checking?

On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
That's painful to set up, though (it requires changing the application's
source to be effective, doesn't it?)

No. On darwin, it is a checkbox to turn distributed builds on, no other change necessary.

distcc already adds -E as I recall, you just add one more option as well. And then, when farming it out, you need to see if the preprocessed file mentions a .gch file and ship it as well so it can be found.

I guess I'll stop whining and measure whether comment out the stat that looks
for .gch files provides any speedup.

I hope not, though, with tiny files and no pch... maybe it does help.