Re: Disabling pch checking?

On 2/24/06, Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2006, at 9:05 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > it seems to be slow at preprocessing C++ source.
> > This matters quite a bit when running distcc.
>
> One way to mitigate this would be to use a precompiled header, and
> use -fpch-preprocess with distcc and ship the .gch across instead.

That's painful to set up, though (it requires changing the application's
source to be effective, doesn't it?)

> You're not building on an nfs mount are you?  If so, the first
> order of business it to not do that.

No nfs anywhere near this, and $DISTCC_DIR is pointing to
a non-nfs directory.

I guess I'll stop whining and measure whether comment out the stat that looks
for .gch files provides any speedup.
- Dan