This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada subtypes and base types
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 06 14:28:45 EST
- Subject: Re: Ada subtypes and base types
So if I understand correctly, if we can prove that the operation does
not overflow in natural___XDLU_0___2147483647, then there is no need
of a cast to the base type and back.
This stuff is complex, but I'm fairly sure that's correct.