This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada subtypes and base types
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 06 11:16:45 EST
- Subject: Re: Ada subtypes and base types
Just to make sure I've dotted the i's and crossed the t's, this is not
what's happening when we hang in VRP when compiling a-textio.
We convert the incoming object from natural___XDLU_0___2147483647
into its base type, perform the addition in the base type, then
convert back to XDLU_0_2147483647.
The above is exactly what I thought everybody agrees is and should be
happening, so I'm confused by your "this is not what's happening"