a question about pc-relative branch and function call

Hi,
Happy Valentine's Day.
Suppose I have only pc-relative branch instructions such as 'b offset'
and don't have pc-region branch instructions such as 'j target'. So
what the function call should be translated? Do I have to always use
two instructions such as 'la reg, func' and 'b reg'? Especially when
call a shared pic object file.

The problem I've got is that when I link with a shared pic object
file, there is a  'relocation truncated to fit' error.

Thanks :-)
Eric