This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Microchip PIC
- From: "Lucas (a.k.a T-Bird or bsdfan3)" <tbird-contact at cox dot net>
- To: Francois Poulain <fpoulain at enib dot fr>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:37:56 -0600
- Subject: Re: Microchip PIC
- References: <1138658018.18145.8.camel@polux>
I'm sorry about my e-mail client mangling your name in the To: field.
I don't know about the Microchip source, but I'd be happy to help with
the GCC->PIC18Fxxx port...however, PIC's have 1 true accumulator (W) and
everything else in data memory (which they use in the manner of a
register file)...IDK how well GCC's register allocator would handle such
FranÃois Poulain wrote:
I am talking about porting GCC on PIC18Fxxx, by Microchip.
I found some source code from Microchip to support the PIC30F. Anyone
can tell me why this code isn't in the gcc tree ? Is it dirty code ?
I ask this question, cause I maybe re-use that source code for testing.