Re: Reconsidering gcjx

"Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caipclassic.rutgers.edu> writes:

[...]

| However with Tom's proposal, we need an existing java compiler for our
| target.

I don't believe the issues at hand here (Java specific case) are as
severe as they sound from your messages.  If GCC creators had to
follow the reasoning developed in your messages, your should have had
gcc to start with.

In 2006, I believe the availability of java front-ends for
bootsstrapping the GNU Java is sufficiently widespread enough to
outweight and overcome the potential problems you're anticipating.

We desperatly need to get GCC more supported, more integrated into
widely used development tools.  We cannot sustain improvements,
competition by isolating and painting ourselves into corners.

-- Gaby