This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Request for 48 hours of just regression/bug fixes
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:01:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: Request for 48 hours of just regression/bug fixes
- References: <email@example.com> <43D2F5FF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1/22/06, Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> wrote:
> Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > I noticed today that there were three projects which were merged into
> > the mainline within a 24 hour period yesterday.
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:42:49 -0000 IAB - Daniel Berlin
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:24:04 -0000 Vect - Dorit
> > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:55:54 -0000 GOMP - Diego Novillo
> > So I am requesting that we go through a 48 hour period starting Monday
> > (as the weekends are usually quiet for patch committing) for a stage 3
> > type regression only/bug fixes.
> I'm inclined to agree. Any objections?
I would even extend this "slush" to the point where all P1 4.1 regressions are
fixed and a first 4.1.0 RC could be built.