This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:26:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap
- References: <10601181310.AA25642@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
I've seen many people saying not wanting something to go away, but
that something is not proposed by Paolo to disappear.
Can you say *exactly* what those two different things are because I'm confused?
MRS and Eric Botcazou objected strongly against not being able to build
a 1-stage GCC with --disable-bootstrap. And that's never going to happen.