Building a native compiler from a cross compiler

Now that I've succeeded in building both a C and C++
cross-compiler for RDOS, I would like to build a native
version (although it probably won't run for a while yet).
I've tried to do it like this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --target=rdos --host=rdos
--enable-languages="c,c++" --with-newlib --enable-sjlj-exceptions

However, when I run make all, the compile first stops on a non-existent
xgcc. This is fixed by cp xgcc.exe xgcc. After this fix, the compile runs
for a while longer, but then stops on another error (complaining that
executables cannot be run). Is there some other trick to this?

Leif Ekblad
www.rdos.net/rdos