Re: Status and rationale for toplevel bootstrap (was Re: Example of debugging GCC with toplevel bootstrap)

    > As a heavy debugger of cross compilers I strongly disagree with this
    > sentiment.  Host dependencies of any sort are a bug.

    Amen to that. Independence from the host is paramount to guarantee
    *reproducibility* of results over any on trivial time span.  And
    that's something highly prised in the embedded development world.

For the record, I also agree they are bugs (and said that).  My point was
that there are indeed still such bugs and was against putting fixing them
into yet another critical path.