Re: Storage for uninitialized objects (PR 24626)

Paul Schlie wrote:

tools which indiscriminately alter non-portable observable
behavior during optimization aren't doing anyone any favors.

What we want from a compiler is that it correctly executes
and interprets correct programs. What we want from
programmers is correct programs. Programmers who
write undefined junk get undefined behavior. We have
been through this before (with you if I remember), and
we won't get any further this time than we did last time.
Uninitialized variables cause undefined behavior. This
means the behavior of the program can change every
time you run it (whether or not you change optimization
settings).