Re: Pending bugs for GNU

On Saturday 14 January 2006 02:18, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> But this seems very awkward for people who only send a patch ones in a
> blue moon;

Why?  There are lots of people who only send a few patches per year
and they all know how to contribute them.

> and not much good info on that either, the manual just says
> `report bugs to the bugtracker'; more or less.

Not true.

For developers we have other quite extensive documentation in the gcc
internals manual and on various web pages that tell you the procedures
and expectations when you want to contribute a patch.

Those few users who want to help developing gcc can find links to that
documentation in the chapter "Contributing to GCC development" in the
users manual.  It seems you overlooked that chapter.

Gr.
Steven