Re: Problem with gfortran or did I messsed up GMP installation?

Nix wrote:
On 13 Jan 2006, Eric Botcazou mused:

GMP is used by the compiler, not by the application, so you only need
the version that the compiler will use.

Right, that's what I previously said. :-) But Aleksandar apparently insists on having both versions installed.

Doesn't Solaris have an equivalent of /usr/lib64 where you could put the
64-bit-only version?

It has. It is sparcv9 subdirectory of lib. That is exactly how I have it installed. 32-bit version in lib/libgmp.so*, 64-bit version in lib/sparcv9/libgmp.so*. They don't clash with each other (or at least they shouldn't). The ifdefs I inserted into gmp.h header will provide correct definitions depending on compilation mode (-m32 or -m64).

In any case this is an OS/shared library loader thing, not anything that
anyone here can reasonably solve, I'd think.

The ld.so loads correct version of shared library. If it wasn't, executable (f951) would fail at runtime with "wrong ELF class". So, the OS is OK, dynamic loader is OK. It's something between GMP and GCC.