This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
dfp tests fail for powerpc*-linux*, patch in the works
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: bje at au1 dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:59:47 -0800
- Subject: dfp tests fail for powerpc*-linux*, patch in the works
Currently on trunk, decimal float is configured by default for
powerpc*-*-linux*. The testsuite check to decide whether to run the
dfp tests checks whether sample code compiles, not whether it also
links and runs. The runtime support isn't yet in although Ben Elliston
submitted it quite a while ago (ping!). Therefore there are lots of
dfp test failures showing up for powerpc*-*-linux* targets.
I'm working on testsuite changes to allow running the dfp tests,
including those in directories other than gcc.dg/dfp, compile-only if
decimal float support is in the compiler but not in the runtime. The
patch is not quite ready yet. In the meantime if the failures are
bothering anyone, configure with --disable-decimal-float.