Re: Problem with gfortran or did I messsed up GMP installation?

Quoting Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@libertysurf.fr>:

So, the question is, did I broke something by attempting to have both
32-bit and 64-bit GMP library installed simultaniously?  Did I miss
anything needed to have both 32-bit and 64-bit GMP available on the
system?

Do not install both 32-bit and 64-bit GMP, you only need one of them: sparc-sun-solaris2.* compiler -> 32-bit GMP sparc64-sun-solaris2.* compiler -> 64-bit GMP.

OK..... But what if I want sparc-sun-solaris2.* compiler, and later want to compile some 64-bit app that links with GMP too (or the other way around)? I should be able to have both libs on system where multilib is supported option (such as sparc*-sun-solaris*).

Anyhow, if the problem was with multilib GMP installation, I would expect 64-bit binary to fail. Not 32-bit. When compiler was bootstrapped, it saw 32-bit definitions in gmp.h and was linked with matching 32-bit GMP library. So I would expect it to produce correct 32-bit code. If there were any issues with having GMP installed "multilib", I would expect it to generate faulty 64-bit code in this configuration.

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.