Re: Atomic operations on Sparc in libstdc++

Piotr,

Hello. First, a note: you should be sending libstdc++ mail to the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org list.

I haven't verified your claim, but if it is true, I would suggest the
following actions on your part to solve it:

1) enter a sparc backend bug in gcc bugzilla about not defining __sparcv9 in 32 bit mode. Make sure the sparc maintainer is cc'd. (That would be Eric Botcazou).

2) enter a libstdc++ feature request in gcc bugzilla about 32bit atomic
operations on sparc. Please include the atomic operations you've developed and would like to be part of libstdc++.

I don't have access (or time) to deal with sun/sparc issues directly at
the moment, but hopefully this will be useful to you.

best,
benjamin