Re: Testing GCC install (was: inconsistency in location of static and shared libraries on sparc64-sun-solaris*)

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 16:41 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> DESTDIR support (which we already have, and people use constantly)
> allows us to install a tree somewhere different than its configured
> --prefix.  Relocatable toolchains (ditto) allow the toolchain to work
> when run from an address different than the configured --prefix.

A precision from Daniel: <<it'd be "make all finish with" or "make check
start with">> (that was the source of my misunderstanding) so the change
will indeed imply testing make install during regular make bootstrap or
make; make -k check.

cross with already filled prefix should work too.

Looks great!

Laurent