Re: Installing GCC 4.1-20051223 on FreeBSD 6 failed

Update:

Just tarred everything up and stuck it on one of my servers, which has 4GBs of physical RAM and 2GBs of swap. Same problem: "virtual memory exhausted". If 6GBs isn't enough, then I'm out of ideas.

I tried patching make with a patch I found on the make ML archives. No dice. Checked out make from CVS but the build is horribly broken (missing .po files and other such garbage).

What do I do now?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.

Jon Brisbin wrote:

I'm trying to install the GCC 4.1 snapshot from Dec 23, 2005 on my FreeBSD box. I'm trying to try out gcj. The installation fails, complaining about not enough virtual memory. I just added another 2GB swap file on this box. I now have 1GB of physical RAM and 4GBs of swap. And that's not enough?!

What do I need to do to get gcj and libjava to install? Is this a problem with GNU make or GCC?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.