Re: Hard to tell what stage the bootstrap is on

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:26:07PM -0500, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> After the change over to top level bootstrap, it is harder to tell what
> stage
> the bootstrap is on.
> We get now:
> /Users/pinskia/src/gcc/libobjc/trunk/objdir/./prev-gcc/xgcc
>
> but before we had got:
> /Users/pinskia/src/gcc/libobjc/trunk/objdir/gcc/stage1/xgcc
>
> Is there any way to fix this so that it is easier to tell what stage
> the current
> bootstrap is on?

At the moment, we do this deliberately to preserve debug information.
However, once libgcc is moved out of to top level - hopefully along
with the gcc-provided include files - then gcc can be a pure host
directory, and we won't need to worry about this.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC