Re: Testing/debugging single Ada tests

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Arnaud Charlet wrote:

> > I see there's magic going on in the testsuite/ada/acats/run_acats and
> > run_all.sh scripts, but they cannot be invoked directly to set up the
> > environment.
>
> The magic is only there to support testing in the build tree,
> with the compiler not installed.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, as I'm testing with the
stage1 compiler that happens to miscompile the stage2 compiler,
so I guessed it might be easier to debug the testsuite fallout
of the stage1 compiler.

I'm used to do ./xgcc -B/whatever in the gcc/ directory, maybe
gnatmake can be taught to do the required setup following this
way, too?  Or a split-out script with just the required environment
setup I can source in contrib/ or testsuite/ada?  That would be
of great help.

Thanks for the quick response,
Richard.

> Assuming you've done a make install, then compiling an ACATS
> test is as simple as:
>
> gnatmake -O2 -I/space/rguenther/obj/obj3/gcc/testsuite/ada/acats/support <file.adb>

ok, I'll try to install the stage1 compiler.