Re: htsearch broken?

On 2005-12-10, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Paul Martinolich wrote:
>> I have noticed that when I search the mailing lists the earliest
>> messages are from May 2005.  I don't see anything before that.
>
> If you mean "latest" instead of "earliest", it's because the
> search engine has stopped indexing, permanently.  No ETA; I'm
> not sure it'll be fixed at all.

As an alternative, Gmane has a searchable archive of this list
(gcc@gcc.gnu.org), which you can read on the web or via NNTP:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=fortran&group=gmane.comp.gcc.devel&sort=date

Currently the search index is being updated somewhere between daily and
weekly.  It should be switching to new messages being searchable within
a few hours fairly soon.

Cheers,
    Olly