Re: I need to create New project on GCC, I want to know how to do it.

You don't need to also send email to gcc@gnu.org.

On Dec 7, 2005, at 2:54 PM, JongMin Han wrote:
1. Process :
    How does new Project about target or optimization create?

Roughly speaking, You do up the legal paper work to assign copyright, You write the code, then you contribute it (mail to gcc-patches).

http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html has more details.

2. contributor's prerequisite :
    Manager or Developer about project  aren't a Corporation or

Nope, we merely require that you can do the steps above.

3. Management Project:
    How does project maintain schedule?

For the subproject schedule, this is mostly outside the scope of gcc development. If you want, you can write up a schedule for your project and put it in a wiki page for your project if you want.

How to merge new functions or improving functions?

Write the code, contribute it.

( How to manager GCC version )

Contribute to mainline first. Optionally, consider backporting code to next closest release branch, repeat.

4. Improve the existing project
    How to join existing project?

Select project, find work to do in that area, talk with other contributors in/near that area so ensure that work isn't duplicated, do up the code, send it in.

You can get a feel for what a contribution is by checking out the gcc- patches mailing list, it has many real examples.

You can find some ideas for areas to work on at http://gcc.gnu.org/ projects/

And welcome.