Re: Torbjorn's ieeelib.c

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 01:01:23PM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 12:42:36PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > RTH is listed as the author of a lot of those bits, so perhaps he knows
> > more?
>
> The glibc bits handle ieee quad format, whereas I don't believe
> that Torbajorn's does.

Right.

> I don't recall if Torbajorn's code allows
> for emulation of all rounding modes or exception bits.

No, it doesn't.  I was halfheartedly hoping that it did.

> But I suspect that Torbajorn's code compiles down smaller, which
> is likely to be helpful to the folk that actually need it.

Before we actually do replace fp-bit, if this is the primary
differentiator between the two, I'd like to see numbers.  I'd rather
have rounding/exception support available if the performance and size
cost is acceptable.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC