Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)

> On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > I was, there was no where in I was saying we should break ISO standard
>
> The effect of following Ada's rules:
>
> > While it is true that GCC is not just an Ada compiler but I think
> > we should
> > follow a sane set of rules for GNU C which might mean following
> > Ada's rules
> > for this case.
>
> would depart from ISO mandated behavior.

I said might, I never said we will follow the Ada rules.

Please read my email as requesting for more documention on this
matter rather than requesting we change to the wrong behavior.

And what is sane rules depends on what people think are sane.

-- Pinski