Re: matching function for out_waiting in gcc 3.4.2

Hi,
this question is not about development of GCC so should be moved to
either libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org or gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org - I suggest the
former.  Please send any other replies to the libstdc++ list, thanks.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:03:21PM +0530, anandi.thirunavukkarasu@wipro.com wrote:
> I have moved to gcc version 3.4.2(linux sll) So I am migrating a
> component to this version from gcc 2.96.
>
> In my existing code I am using the *out_waiting* function of the struct
> streambuf present in the streambuf.h file.
>
> But I can't find this function in this version of gcc 3.4.2. so can u
> help me in finding a matching function in this version.

The function was available on "classic" iostreams, but is not included in
the std::streambuf class from the C++ standard.  Because libstdc++ aims
to be standard-conforming, it does not provide the classic iostreams API.
There is no direct equivalent of out_waiting for std::streambuf.

If you need to know the number of characters in the put area you could
define your own derived streambuf and implement out_waiting in terms of
the protected member functions std::streambuf::pptr() and
std::streambuf::pbase(), and use that where necessary.

I hope that helps a little,

jon