Re: Copies of the GCC repository

> Most svn side operations create subpools for loops that may allocate
> per-iteration memory due to calls to other functions, etc, and clear it
> each iteration to avoid such per iteration allocations become too large.
> Some don't.

FWIW, the first (and only) time I tried to do a svn diff on lots of
files (about 700), svn diff never returned: my machine started to swap
and be unresponsive like hell, and I had a very hard time hitting ^C
to stop it.

This was svn 1.2.3, dunno if svn 1.3.0 is better in this area, but it would
certainly be good to fix this behavior.

Currently, I have to do a 'for' loop in sh to work around this trivial
issue, which is certainly annoying, since I do use svn diff a lot.

Arno