Re: SV: Re: MISRA C support for GCC?

Fredrik Hederstierna wrote:
Not that I know of, and personally I think it's a terrible idea,

Ok, you might be right, but I'm curious why you think it's so terrible though.

Some people chafe at the idea of arbitrary restrictions being put on them in the name of protecting them from themselves.

I cannot speak for others, but my quick look as what MISRA C is, left me not really wanting to be subjected to it.

GCC is meant to be a standards complaint compiler suite. There are external tools that you can use if you want to enforce further restrictions on your code. Surly one must exist for MISRA C. Although g++ does have the effective-c++ warnings which are in a similar vein.

David Daney.