Re: Somebody broke bootstrap on trunk for x86_64

> > And this is just recent too.
> >
> > Anyways here is the reduced testcase:
> > long long
> > __fixunsdfdi (unsigned hi, unsigned lo)
> > {
> >   return ((unsigned long long) hi << (32)) | lo;
> > }
>
> flow2 is where the diference comes in:
> I don't understand why it is not being split at all.

Only the trunk is broken so that leaves the following patches which could have
caused it:
2005-11-19  Richard Guenther  <rguenther@suse.de>

        * fold-const.c (fold_indirect_ref_1): Make sure we fold
        ARRAY_REFs of constant strings.
2005-11-19  Joseph S. Myers  <joseph@codesourcery.com>

        * combine.c (make_compound_operation): Swap operands of
        commutative operation if necessary before returning.
2005-11-19  Richard Guenther  <rguenther@suse.de>

        PR middle-end/23294
        * fold-const.c (fold_plusminus_mult_expr): New function.
        (fold_binary): Use to canonicalize PLUS_EXPR and MINUS_EXPR
        cases, remove now unnecessary code.

2005-11-19  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gcc.gnu.org>

        * gensupport.c (old_preds): Rename to std_preds, add special field.
        (struct old_pred_table): Rename to struct std_pred_table, add special
        field.
        (NUM_KNOWN_OLD_PREDS): Rename to NUM_KNOWN_STD_PREDS.
        (NUM_OLD_SPECIAL_MODE_PREDS): Remove.
        (init_predicate_table): Adjust, and set along the way whether a
        predicate is special.

--------

I am thinking it is the last one but I have not gone through a hunt yet to make sure
but I will do so soon.

-- Pinski