This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Issue with find_tail_calls
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:54:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: Issue with find_tail_calls
- References: <10511190112.AA24568@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 08:12:32PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> What about the other cases where this would apply? I can't think of any
> cases where checking the lang hook directly is correct. Can you?
Deciding if one can replace one object with another, or one
pointer with another in an actual dereference. I think this
is used pleanty of places that are not moves.
lang_hooks.types_compatible_p has the benefit of being
commutative, whereas tree_ssa_useless_type_conversion is not.