Re: Link-time optimzation

On Nov 17, 2005, at 6:13 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Also, please keep in mind that generating and then assembling debug
info takes a huge amount of I/O relative to code size. I'd expect much
more than 1% saving the write-out and write-in on -g.

I'd hope that we can contribute code to eliminate this, so, it might be possible to not consider any benefit this would have in the current decision making.

compiler -> debug info repository -> gdb (side stepping the linker, the assembler)