This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Link-time optimzation
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc mailing list)
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:23:48 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Link-time optimzation
> The GCC community has talked about link-time optimization for some time.
> In addition to results with other compilers, Geoff Keating's work on
> inter-module optimization has demonstrated the potential for improved
> code-generation from applying optimizations across translation units.
One thing not mentioned here is how are you going to repesent different
eh personality functions between languages, because currently we cannot
even do different ones in the same compiling at all.
This is very important when compiling some C++ and Java code together.
Or even Objective-C and C++.