Second Try: Assembly Programmer Contributions

I sent this message a few days ago, but I could not find it in the
archives. I think it may have been stripped out, because I sent it as
HTML the first time. I'm trying it now as plain text.

I apologize if this is the second time you see this post.

I am in the process of learning the C Programming Language and
Assembly Language. I am looking for the opportunity to contribute to
an open source project while gaining some experience with assembly
language programming. Is there any projects being done with GCC that
can use a little extra help with assembly language programming.

I've only got about an hour or two a week, but I am willing to work on
just about any type of open source project.

I have experience with higher level programming languages like Java
and Lisp, and have also been learning about how to design parsers.

Thanks,

Scott Huey