Re: Call for compiler help/advice: atomic builtins for v3

Richard Guenther wrote:
We could just provide fallback libcalls in libgcc
All in all, I think this is really the best solution. For 4.2 Sparc will also have the builtins available and even if we want that the libgcc code is equivalent to what is currently available in libstdc++-v3/config/cpu, that is, not just locks when possible, the amount of code added to libgcc would be very limited. Then, during the transition phase we could help ourselves with some macro tricks, but only temporarily.

Paolo.