Re: svn diff branch woprking copy against mainline?

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
More formally, you can say that any file in the checkout is made of BASE/DIR/filename where BASE is the URL passed to the latest `svn co' or `svn switch' command.
The current SVN working copy philosophy (the same as CVS's, by the way) is that every working copy directory is self-contained. If we start recording command parameters in the working copy, we break that property.

Anyway, there are other ways of achieving this behaviour that are more friendly to SVN's concept; they'd been discussed in the past and are being discussed now on the SVN dev list, but (unlike simple root URL expansion) aren't trivial to implement, so don't expect any changes in this area by the day after tomorrow.

(I don't want to discuss these things in more detail on this list; SVN design discussions belong on the SVN dev list, and duplicating them here would be counter-productive.

Of course, anyone is welcome to participate in discussions on our dev list.)

-- Brane