Re: Howto Cross Compile GCC to run on PPC Platform

I am creating the target tree on my host, so that I
can later transfer it to a USB storage device.  I was
going to manually move everything, but only saw one
binary, xgcc.  Is that all, or aren't there some other
utilities that go along with it?  I just didn't know
exactly what to copy and where to copy it to.  When I
built glibc, those were built for the target system,
but installed to the target directory structure that I
am creating.

The 'make install' command that I ran for glibc was:

make install_root=${TARGET_PREFIX} prefix="" install

where TARGET_PREFIX is the target filesystem tree.  I
used the same make install command for the native gcc
that I compiled.

Thanks,
   Jeff Stevens

--- Kai Ruottu <karuottu@mbnet.fi> wrote:

> Jeff Stevens wrote:
>
> > .../gcc-3.4.4/configure
> > --build=`../gcc-3.4.4/config.guess`
> > --target=powerpc-linux --host=powerpc-linux
> > --prefix=${PREFIX} --enable-languages=c
> >
> > and then a make all.  The make went fine, and
> > completed without any errors.  However, when I ran
> > 'make install' I got the following error:
> >
> > powerpc-linux-gcc: installation problem, cannot
> exec

`/opt/recorder/tools/libexec/gcc/powerpc-linux/3.4.4/collect2':

http://farechase.yahoo.com