Re: backslash whitespace newline

Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

I'm not familiar-enough with ISO 9000 to judge whether a sed script is "too great a burden", but I once worked in an environment where writing a Python script to clean some ugly code got someone (not me) fired for using an "unauthorized tool", even when the script produced a clear benefit for the project. I did not stay at that workplace very long.

It sounds like you are not familiar with ISO 9000 at all :-)

This standard is about following your internal rules, it is not
a set of rules itself, so if you have a rule which prohibits SED
scripts in your environment, this is a rule you have created
for yourself, and you cannot blame ISO 9000! One of the risks
in ISO 9000 environments is being stuck with silly rules. You
can get certification pretty much regardless of whether your
rules make sense, just as long as you can show you follow them
rigorously :-)

Is anyone using GCC in an ISO 9000 environment? Just curious.