Re: A couple more subversion notes

On 2005-10-21 09:29:24 +0200, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> mmm... so when using plain svn: then thre is only one connection? or
> is five connections made then too?

5 connections too, but each connection should be much faster
(almost immediate). The number of connections does not depend
on the method ("svn", "svn+ssh", "http" or whatever).

> note that my observation was just an answer to the question: "why
> does svn+ssh have to pay the connection setup price when cvs+ssh
> (seemingly) doesn't"

Subversion assumes that a connection is cheap (though in practice,
this is not always true), so can make several ones (5 for some
commands). The recommended solution for ssh is to use some tools
like fsh to do only one authentication.