Re: A couple more subversion notes

     > What I keep seeing are increasingly complex solutions in order to keep
     > efficiency the same as it is now.

     Ah, come on.  That just takes some getting used to.

In *some* cases, indeed I'm seeing "do it this way instead of that way" where
the suggested way isn't more complicated, just different.  But in others, I'm
seeing messages about installing later versions of software, using large
amounts of disk space, waiting for future versions of tools, or turning on
non-standard configuration options in other tools.

     And you are ignoring some of the benefits for the most common
     operations like diffing, updating, and regression hunting.

Actually, I thought most of the discussion which I'm refering to was about
alleged slowdown and complexities for diffing and updating.  Regression
hunting is probably several orders of magnitude less common than the others
(in terms of people * operations).