Re: target-defs.h / tm.h question

Are the comment

/* Note that if one of these macros must be defined in an OS .h file
   rather than the .c file, then we need to wrap the default
   definition in a #ifndef, since files include tm.h before this one.  */

and the description in tm.texi of these macros as defined in the .c file (not in tm.h) insufficiently clear about the principle?
Sarcasm unneccesary. Its a big file, I didnt read every line of
it. But thank you for the reply it answered my question.

Kean