Re: Moving to subversion, gonna eat me a lot of peaches

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 11:32:50AM -0700, Kean Johnston wrote:
> >Why doesn't it thrill you?
> I think svn is a great tool, don't get me wrong. Very well
> written and got all the features one could want. But I
> don't know (or see) the actual problem you are trying to
> solve. cvs seems to be wroking really well for gcc. The
> weaknesses of cvs, such as the pain of renaming and
> moving directories, isn't really an issue for that codebase
> (at least not very often).

Hi Kean,

Rather than starting up this discussion on gcc@ again, could you please
go read the list archives?  I feel like you've missed a couple of years
of context here, including the last few times we discussed why a switch
was in order.

CVS is not working well for GCC at all.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz