Re: Aliasing violation generated by fold_builtin_memcmp?

Daniel Berlin wrote:
> >  Out of a preliminary look into this code (new to me), a possible
> >  place to address that appears to be 'get_tmt_for', which
> >  presumably should assign a zero alias set to tags for pointer
> >  types with that bit set.

> Actually, you just want it to assign the same tag, not change the alias
> set of every tag it assigns.

 Humm, and still have the corresponding alias set zero to ensure it conflicts
 with everything, right ?

 In which case almost all the bits are in already, since get_tmt_for
 already reuses a previously created tag if it assigned the same alias set.

 I tried this on a couple of testcases yesterday, and it worked fine.

 I am still unclear on one point: is it fine to reuse the same tag for
 possibly different designated types ?