Compile Without Libc

I am cross compiling an application to an architecture where the libc functions won't really be useful to me. Whenever I try to compile my application, I get the following message
"ld: cannot find -lc"
After searching the internet, I came to the conclusion that it is looking for libc. Are there any flags that I can use so it doesn't require libc?
Or should I just build libc so it will link?
--
Sent from the gcc - General forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Compile-Without-Libc-t324886.html#a904939