Re: Warning C vs C++

Tommy Vercetti <vercetti@zlew.org> writes:

| On Saturday 17 September 2005 16:23, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > then all you users you know don't read the doc.  That is rather
| > disappointing, but not uncommon.
| It's not that everyone reads manual, you should know.

You may probably have missed the second part of the last sentence.

| I personally only read it, when I am missing some piece of
| information.

then here is news for you: you're missing the meaning of -Wall.

| Do a survey and see how many ppl would expect the word
| all to not include everything. And you'll see yourself.

I would also encourage you to conduct a survey of bug frequency in
codes of people who write programs using functions by *guessing* their
meanings instead of reading the docs.

I suspect you have much bigger issue to fix than complaining that your
guess does not match the reality you decided not to check.

-- Gaby