This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
checksum files not ^C safe
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:32:04 -0700
- Subject: checksum files not ^C safe
These types of rules are not ^C safe:
cc1-checksum.c : cc1-dummy$(exeext) build/genchecksum$(build_exeext)
build/genchecksum$(build_exeext) cc1-dummy$(exeext) > $@
It is a general property that builds are ^C safe, the above changes
retard that feature.
If you output to a temp file, and then mv them to the final file,
they will be (I think) safe.