Re: Introduction of GCC improvement work for Itanium via Gelato Federation

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

Or let's put it this way: Would AdaCore have the resources to
support two entirely different backends.  Would it even want to
hire new engineers or let its existing work-force learn compiler
internals of another compiler to support just one target?  I don't
think so.

The answer is simple, depends on $$$ as with most other things. In practice I don't think our ia64 customers are that performance sensitive, at least not so far.