New port contribution - picoChip

Hi all,

For the past 4 years or so I have maintained a port of gcc for the
range of embedded processors developed by picoChip Designs Ltd. I
would now like to formally contribute this port. Key points to note
are:

Assignment forms have been filed with the FSF.

I have obtained cvs-write permission.

All work listed in `Anatomy of a Target Back End' has been completed,
with the exception of web page updates.

The linker and assembler used by the port are proprietary, and can't
be made publicly available at this point. The port will have to be
assembler output only.

Custom test procedures are used, which don't currently work with
DejaGNU. This will be fixed at some point.

The port is almost independent of any other changes to gcc. When my
port was based upon 3.4.0 it relied on a patch in sched-deps.c, but
the patch was never applied to mainline
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-09/msg00598.html). I have now
upgraded my port to the current mainline (4.1.0 20050912), and all of
my regression tests which exposed the original bug now pass, with no
need for the patch. From inspecting the code, I believe that another
bug fix I recently applied to my port
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-09/msg00088.html) fixes the problem
indirectly.

Assuming that my port doesn't require a patch in sched-deps.c, can I
submit this port to gcc in time for the 4.1 branch, or must I wait
until afterwards? If I was allowed to submit before the branch, what
would the deadline be?

Thanks,

dan.

Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH, BA1 5BG
daniel.towner@picochip.com
http://www.picochip.com
+44 (0) 7786 702589